Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Favourite Things in 2009 - Part 1

1. Reed & Barton's Rosecliff Luxury Stainless Steel Cutlery/Tableware - unfortunately it was discontinued in 2001, but it's still a favourite and can certainly be found in North America via online companies like Replacements. This dessert spoon is so elegant for dinner parties, yet the stainless steel is oh so practical. I got my set in Toronto from my grandmother and mother who have such fantastic taste.

2. La Rochere dragonfly-emblazoned goblets from France - they are beautiful to hold, wonderfully rounded and heavily sturdy. I bought my set on Maling Road, Canterbury, near Melbourne.

3. The movie Something's Gotta Give starring Diane Keaton, Jack Nicholson and spunky Keanu Reeves - hilariously well-written and Keaton was always elegantly attired (but I could have done without seeing Nicholson's backside). And the beautiful beach house has been idolised by thousands of women as the epitome of a dreamy home.



4. Magazines! I love, love, love pouring over magazines - getting inspired and learning things.



Other faves include Australian Country Style, Real Living, Notebook, Money, Good Health & Medicine, Donna Hay, delicious, Burke's Backyard, Choice, Gourmet Traveller, Women's Weekly, Vogue and g.

5. How do I love thee, BlackBerry! Let me count the ways... I should not be proud to admit that I am chained to this powerful tool that lets me incessantly check work emails when I should be on holiday.

Stay tuned for part 2 tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment